Friday, February 6, 2009

SLIM is IN?!!

This is an OLD pic BUT this is THE ONLY person in my eyes(other than maybe Keri Hilson) that the "Bowl Cut" looks fantastic on... Not Saleisha, (and I am not hater, big ups to Saleisha) but...
Chanel Iman at the YSL show...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ok now to the topic..

Today, I went to work..Hairdressing. Very Tedious Art.
Then went to Fashion Show rehearsal. Which I missed tryouts for a different other show I am coordinating to attend...

And realized something.

What defines skinny nowadays?
I mean we KNOW it when we SEE it ..butttt how do we define it.
Is it the bones poking out??


Apparently..Im "too SKINNY" by stereotypical "Black men standards.." My Hips arent a size 40 and up..and you cannot sit a cup on my booty..[depends on the cup tho LoL]
I prefer to call myself SLIM(because I have "curves", like one or 2 lol)
BUT ....for Runway modeling...Im Supposedly too BIG for high fashion, or so I get told occasionally by designers and casting agents..

LoL.

Lets analyze ME for a second..then analyze what goes down on these runways..


VERY small yes..But I have hips(or the illusion of such lol)..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
NOT quite a size 6 and up nor is it an apple in any way.. but I have a "Rear"(for my size)...
Font sizeImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Not quite a Roll here..but NO RIBS showing nevertheless..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now on to some top models...
They used to say they are taking these girls that are 14 and putting them on the runway so of course they would be skinny...
One of my favs..Chanel Iman..so gorgeous but...SHORTY(my bad, exotic bombshell) 19..umm yea..excuse?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jourdann Dunn
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Christina Mendez
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It is true that some people are naturally thin...Like myself..I naturally do not get fat but Naturally skin and bones and you claim to be eating fried food and NOT parboilin' it with a salad.??? I doubt it..

Hmm..so should I lose my "thunder thighs" to fit into my fashion world?
Or continue to eat as I please and remain the same??


I CHOOSE THE LATTER!
Eat up, work out, Be healthy, ENJOY! Mwah!

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. I've been a size 0since I was like 14. Still too skinny according to "black mens" standard like you said but overall I'm petite. I'm five feet and everything is very proportioned, small boobs, small rear but I hate the word skinny!!! I just have a high metabolism so I don't gain weight but I would NEVER starve myself or deprive myself of food. So I agree with you 100% on eating as you please! You look great the way you are :)

    ReplyDelete