Tuesday, January 6, 2009

PARD0N MY FR3SH ??

I have decided to make this blog posting a little bit different.
INTRO--
I am no dedicated journalist, but merely an Art lover who is attempting to reach her Ever-so- subconsciously stylish target audience by sharing with them the things I focus upon as well as my opinions on such. Men&Women alike.

My main purpose here is to educate, inform, and entertain my readers about topics in Fashion, Entertainment, and Music with my own personal twist.
I do have the faithful few blogs that I read all the time, but every now and then...I come across some that are quite interesting. Bad? Good?


There is no Blog handbook, or blog rule but I believe that purpose is important.
Who is your target audience? What are you trying to achieve? What topics are your strengths, weaknesses? Do you use factual information when addressing an issue? Do you tell a story to captivate? Is your blog all over the place or do you focus on specific things?

I could go on for you my dear anonymous Reader, but I'll save it...You know the rest :)...


I have decided that my favorite color for the Spring of 2009 according to the Fashion Color Trend Report will be; a bit of Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mixed with some Image and video hosting by TinyPic And a tad bit of; Image and video hosting by TinyPic(Not so bright probably)

I ♥ Colors!

Today's topic is MEN.
Of course they're still in style! LoL.

Touching on something a fellow Blogger said, some of her peers felt as though women had it easier because "they do not have to spend a lot of money to look good and they devote their lives to it, therefore it comes easier."

Very interesting opinion.
I will simply say I disagree in the sense that everyone is different and there are some men who are very meticulous about what they wear. (Then exists the double standard, where a woman in sweats is not acceptable.) Society and Societal Norms plays a major role in all of this and dictates what men and women view as acceptable clothing as well as why certain things are worn.

It is false though(for the most part). According to a Times article I once read, FEMALE garments are more expensive(Males, insert GASP! here) because they go through constant seasonal changes, and detailed adjustments and need to vary (sometimes)drastically by the season. When they do not, designers have to pay more for marketing. The manufacturing cost are also higher because mostly, the pieces aren't made in massive quantities.
Last but NOT least, Women (more likely than men) will judge the garments worth ba
sed on the PRICE TAG. $19.99 Coach doesn't quite sound as good as $450 Coach, thus resulting in designers charging a higher price.

Hmm the real Balenciaga?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Or the $69.99 Bakers version?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
So I ask, women..it seems so shallow does it not? Are we?

MEN,
Yes we women do spend a little more time getting dressed(not all). But in no way is it easier...Unless by easier you mean, we can head to Pretty Woman or Forever 21 and get two outfits for the price of your one. LoL. When you say thattt..ur right. (Thats if some of us even shop there).
Regardless, Men, you have been doin ur thing for 2008, I commend you...(some of you)


But as for the rest..Dont follow trends, find ur own style..What makes YOU Feel GooD. I love seeing guys setting trends..Exclusive and Confident as themselves.
(&&in no way does that ever include saggin' ur tight spandex jeans! STOP!)
Pics of males KILLIN it in their own skin... (I wouldve included guys I know PERSONALLY but I dont know how they would feel...)
Kanye in Complex Mag..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
These glasses were DEF in the old school movie BiLL and tEDS ExCeLLent ADventuRe..
(mm great another style brought back..that doesnt mean we should all wear it. BE YOU!)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
PhareLL W.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What year hasnt this next man been influencing fashion?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Always so well dressed..But not an urban star..Pierce Brosnan
Image and video hosting by TinyPicTo be continued......

1 comment:

  1. yea i agree... & i think kanye & pharell R two of the illest when it comes to creating their own style

    ReplyDelete