Friday, January 2, 2009

This YeaR..

What will this year bring??
We are not able to know for sure but we can surely set up for our own futures.
This Year..for me Personally, will be called.. EXPOSURE.
Failure is not an option. I was born to be in the entertainment/art/fashion industry and I will be.

Everyone that knows me and some that have merely seen or heard of me, knows that I am very much into FASHION. From the way I dress, the way I carry myself, Events I attend, Pictures, what I speak about....they speak a thousand words.

I love designing, sewing, taking old clothes and making them look new..Producing and coordinating fashion shows, Modeling...Writing about fashion, watching it.
I am an observer, who creates upon observing what has been done.

Fashion for me encompasses so much more than What clothes you put on and What name is printed on your tag.
Fashion is an ART form. It portrays beauty, creativity, fantasy, emotions. It makes bold statements about things we feel or want to depict.

Controversy?:
A lot of people, many whom I know...Feel the need to proclaim how much of an original and a trendsetter they are when it comes to Fashion. I disagree. Most of us, self proclaimed "trendsetters" are quite the fashion followers, and follow me as I break that down...
--We know we need something to wear...
--We think of our personal style, then subconsciously..channel something we have seen without necessarily thinking about it.
--We go out and buy it...or sometimes go in underground stores (thrift, vintage)..hoping to see something out of the ordinary..and then there are the designing few who make their own..

But all in all...Most of what is worn today..has been worn. Claiming to the world how much of an original you are, does nothing...
Give credit where credit is due..and continue of your quest for your personal style.

-For Real fashion trendsetters...Personal style is eternal. Of course, times are changing but overall..
Ex.1--Audrey Hepburn..wasn't born knowing she would have such an impact on the fashion world...She wore what she liked, minimalistic. Little Black Dress, Black Trousers..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ex.2--Diane Von Furstenburg..Has been a fashion icon for over 30 years. Creating her Signature wrap dresses. Her personal style has always been the same.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ex.3--Karl Lagerfeld, the head Designer for Chanel...since his hair was Black, he has kept his personal style just that, personal, and remains a Fashion icon.
((1970's))
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

{{NOW}}
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pop/urban Trendsetters.
*Very stylish. Very unique. Spark a lot of our clothing decisions.* But a lot of them get dressed, styled by others.

My personal style is Versatile. I don't wear too many dresses/skirts, but I would. I love a nice pair of jeans/pants. Accessories and shoes make my outfits "me."
They say, "Sometimes Excessive, Sometimes minimalistic, Colorful, Artistic, Culture Lover, who is Confident, yet modest."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Very well said. Fact of the matter is, ppl only think their "trendsetters" because they might wear nothing but name brand items when in all actuality a trendsetter is a person or thing that establishes a new trend or fashion; one that initiates or popularizes a trend.

    Point well taken DD!

    ReplyDelete